Monday, February 4, 2013

To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Expected

Having being honored with this title I fully expected to take on this job and "hit the ground running" so to speak.  Admittedly, I hadn't fully descended from cloud nine before  appearances started piling up and reality started setting in.  This really happened.  This past week has been so full of thoughtful words and a warm genuine embrace back into the Miss New York family.  I am so grateful for the abundance of opportunities that have come my way in such a short amount of time.  Thank you again for such a warm welcoming, I could not have wished for a better way to start my reign.

Now that I've successfully gushed yet again, my first appearance!

So, earlier in the week I received an email asking if I was available to film a segment for "This Week on Staten Island" for NY1 News.  I'm pretty sure the conversation went something like, "Umm, I'll make myself available."  To say I was excited is an understatement, what a way to kick off this year.  To have seen (for the first time) clips of both my talent and that indescribable moment when they said my name winning this title was another beautiful reminder that this is all still real.  I was able to speak about my platform and the wonderful traits the Miss America Organization instills in women. 

Alyssa and I in the green room pre-interview 

NY1 Interview, CHECK!






No comments:

Post a Comment