Monday, June 10, 2013

Miss America Homecoming!!



First I got to start my day off with this view of the Verrazano.  






Habitat For Humanity with Ericka Dunlap (Miss America 2004) and Susan Powell (Miss America 1981)

This day was quite the marathon but it was such a bast.  As soon as I got to the site, I was put straight to work on the wall featured above in the picture.  A fellow volunteer and myself began taping the outline for the design on the wall.  I got to hear first hand about how habitat for humanity helped a woman own her own condo, and how she's partially repaying them in volunteer time.  




Later on in the day we were joined by Miss America herself Mallory Hagan as well as the rest of the top ten.  It was a wonderful precursor to the events to come the following night.  We were fortunate enough to spend a lovely morning, giving back to people in New York with many phenomenal representatives of the Miss America Organization.



No comments:

Post a Comment